The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) is a Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions. The board conducts entrance Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination for prospective undergraduates into Nigerian universities. The board is also charged with the responsibility to administer similar examinations for applicants to Nigerian public and private monotechnics, polytechnics, and colleges of educations. All of these candidates must have obtained the West Africa School Certificate, now West African Examinations Council, WAEC, or its equivalent, National Examination Council (Nigeria), NECO.
The pioneer Registrar was Mr. Michael Saidu Angulu who served from inception in 1978 to 1986.
JAMB CBT Centres
Jamb CBT (Computer Based Test) Centres are the various locations and centers in Nigeria approved by JAMB for the registration of the UTME examination. There are various JAMB CBT centers/locations in the 36 states in Nigeria including the Federal Capital Territory (Nigeria), FCT.
Every year, the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board,(JAMB) conduct an examination that will determine if a student will be admitted to the higher school.
After conducting and sitting for the examination, the board will release the score/results of candidates. And if you scored 100 mark, you will be eligible to apply for polytechnic/college of education, if you score above 150, you will be eligible to apply for a university admission. However, JAMB has raised cut-off mark to 160 for 2019/2020 university admission
UTME Registration Guide
- Create an account on this platform (You do not need to create account if you already have one)
- Upon account creation, print the confirmation mail and take it to the bank for payment(PIN vending)
- Continue registration by supplying the vended PIN on the mobile application or the JAMB Registration Application at CBT centre
- Complete other required information via the mobile application or the JAMB Registration Application at CBT centre
- Proceed to the nearest CBT centre to capture passport and fingerprints (this can only be done at the CBT centre)
- Note: You can print UTME Pre-payment slip if you have account already (this is a tender for your bank payment)
Login to your dashboard and click UTME Registration to print the Pre-payment Slip
Click :: Available at CBT Centres ::
This allows candidates to request for printing of result slip.Price:₦1,000.
will be able to use this service.Price:₦1,000.
Application for Correction of Data
and Gender. Payment is required for this service.
Change of Admission Letter
which is now different from their course/institution offered initially. A new admission
letter can be printed after processing.Price:₦10,000
ahead to make payment for Admission Letter Printing. Payment is NOT required for
JAMB registration number. This was formerly referred to as “regularization”.Price:₦10,000